Thursday, February 18, 2010

...had a rather rough day today. Trust me when I say I am NOT going to turn this into a negative space...it's just that this story is rather funny in retrospect, and I'm all for a good laugh.

Did I mention that I work with children? 4 year olds to be exact. Yes, I know. I am very brave. But truth be known 4 year olds are fabulous little creatures. They're potty trained, and this makes them very much a higher creature than that of their 2 year old counterparts. They talk, a lot. But the upside to this is you always know what's wrong with them. They can tell you where it hurts and where they feel funny. They are every day a constant challenge to me, every class comes with it your one child who very much embodies Dennice the Menace. This year I have 3 of them. So suffice to say life is never boring for me.

We are currently studying Dinosaurs. This is a topic of GREAT excitement! Both my boys and girls alike ADORE dinosaurs. They really are fascinating beasts but that's a story for another day. This week we obtained an egg that when put in water slowly starts to crack. Eventually out from this egg emerges a dinosaur. My children have been WAY excited about this, it really is quite realistic and they've been discussing for the past two days what kind of dinosaur that it might be. They were really hoping for a T-Rex but I'm afraid they've gotten the slightly less cool Ankylosaurus.

Today I was sitting in my chair with the bowl of water the half-hatched egg was in. This was not the smartest idea that I have ever had. I was just about to lift out the egg to show them its progress when the bowl treacherously tilted and spilled water all over my lap which in turn made me look like I had peed ALL OVER myself.

I mean it got me good.

What to do? My assistant is home sick with the flu this week so I had no one to watch them. I quickly tried to get some of it out with paper towels but I quickly realized this was NOT my solution to the problem. So I went next door and showed the teacher what had happened. She of course laughed, (it's pretty funny) but at the time I was deeply embarrassed. Not only did it LOOK like I had peed all over myself, it FELT like I had peed all over myself. So NOT comfortable. I have a new level of sympathy for my children who have accidents that I've never had before. It really is not a sensation a grown person should ever have to go through.

We were so understaffed I wasn't able to go home. So I borrowed my bosses work out pants while mine dried in the dryer. Thank God we have a dryer at work otherwise I don't really know what I would have done. Aywho, that was my WHAT AM I GONNA DO? moment for the day. Here are some things to brighten both you and me up.




A Pink foyer! How can you go wrong with that? So happy!



Flowers creeping! So pretty!



Something about this just make me grin. It's such random frivolity! A lit chandelier in the middle of a truck? It's still pretty.

My Mother, who is fabulous, just started singing to me "Put on a Happy Face" You have to love a mother like that. (sang by Dick Van Dyke in the Movie version of Bye Bye Birdie)

Anywho here's to being able to laugh at yourself.

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment